Post 0.4 - Life Positive

I've received a few questions about this blog and why I am writing about the things I am. Not just in the sense of the diversity of it, but the level to which I will discuss some subjects.

As I said in my introductory post, I am hoping that this will become a place of discussion. I am content for this discussion to be one-sided until people have something to say. And the other part of this approach is that life and existence are diverse. We have a lot going on in the world, in our families, everywhere.

But what informs my opinions - my politics, my outlook, my perspectives - is positivity. Embracing life, and being an active participant - whether it's how you eat, how you vote (or encourage you to do so), how you communicate, how you interact with your world. We can have differences of opinion, but having the discussion can lead to new revelations. It's also a question of not feeling alone in the questions we're having or asking, and knowing that it is okay to have these questions and that you're not stuck if you don't want to be. And it's not just about sex, either.

On several occasions, I've been out and about here in Arizona and have encountered closeted Democrats! Arizona is a very Republican place, at least publicly, but people talk to me on random occasions for reasons I have yet to fathom, and they are so relieved when I turn out to be a progressive liberal.

And truly - only other pet owners really understand how much we love our pets. And unless you've battled weight, food allergies, or reactions to various ingredients like phenylalanine, you don't understand the real issues we have with food and how important alternate strategies are, whether you eat in or out. And don't even get me started on religion and the quagmire that represents.

So I like to think I am life positive - embrace it, enjoy it, be happy. Question, experience, and let yourself be okay with thinking outside of the box.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post 2.7 - American Dreams

On Free Speech

Post 1.2 - Veggie Tales